Questions and Answers
How to configure Pulse Alarm Explorer to popup when new alarm is generated?
Pulse can be configured to popup the Alarm Explorer window when an alarm is generated.
1. Select the Manage ribbon on the Developer Workstation and click the Project Configuration icon. The Pulse Project Configuration window is displayed.
2. On the Pulse Project Configuration Manager window, go to the Property Name list and click General > Workstation > Operating Mode - Popup Alarm Explorer on Alarm.
3. Go to the upper right pane; click the checkbox to enable the Run Workstation on server side upon Pulse startup option.
4. Go to the upper right pane, click the checkbox to enable the Run Workstation on server side upon Pulse startup option.
5. Save the settings.
6. Restart the workstation for the settings to take effect
Popup on Alarm can also be configured and tested by using the PFWALARMNG|PCIM!NotifyNewAlarm syntax in the Developer Workstation Data Scope.
Popup on Alarm is set from the Developer Workstation but activated through the workstation.
By default, Pulse Slider includes one pointer. It is possible to add more pointers and connect them different Pulse items.
To define new pointers to vertical slider use the Dynamic properties as follows:
1. Select the slider and open the context menu using right click mouse button. Select Advanced Properties.
2. Nevgiate to the LinearGauges and click (Collection) . The Dynamic Properties windows opened.
3. Navigate to LinearGauges and then to Pointer. Select the Pointer number e.g.  and navigate to Value. Enter Pulse item and click OK.
For instructional video, click here